Professional Meet @ Freedom Fest 2023
A Professional Meet is scheduled on the first day of the Freedom Fest 2023, where around 1000 selected students from professional colleges in Kerala are participating. Students of professional colleges will be selected through an Ideathon – “Freedom Fest Ideathon – Kerala in 2035”. A group of students of 3 to 5 members from Professional Colleges can participate in the Ideathon by proposing their idea. Each group can select one of the following Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and propose an idea in the sector, implementation of which can enable the State of Kerala to achieve the selected SDG by 2035.
- Good Health and Well-Being
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Industry Innovation and Infrastructure
- Reduced Inequalities
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Good Climate
- Gender Equality
A Professional Institution interested in participating in the Professional Meet may register in the Freedom Fest website ( survey.freedomfest2023.in/register/coordinator_reg ) on or before 10-07-2023, by providing the details of a faculty member who is the nodal officer from the Institution for the Professional Meet.
Method of selection to the Professional Meet and other related details are listed below:
- Teams of students of 3 to 5 members can participate in the Institute level selection process by presenting their idea through one of the following ways:
- a short video of not more than 90 seconds duration(max up to 100mb).
- a presentation by the team for a duration of not more than 3 minutes.
- a write up of not more than two pages.
- Nodal officer of the Institution shall select the teams to participate in the Freedom Fest based on the ideas presented by the teams. KDISC shall issue Institute level participation certificates to all the teams which participated in the Institute level selection process.
- Nodal officer of an Institution should register the details of the selected teams on the Freedom Fest website. This will create an account for each one of the selected group to login to the website.
- A team which is participating in the Freedom Fest should prepare a short video of not more than 90 seconds duration (General guidelines for video production will be issued separately)
- Teams which have submitted videos to the Freedom Fest website can contact the Freedom Fest 2023 Organisation Committee in the concerned District to help them participate in the Professional Meet.
- KDISC will issue State level participation certificates to the teams which participate in the Professional Meet.
- State level academic committee for Professional Meet will select 56 best videos which will be played in the Freedom Fest venue during the Freedom Fest events scheduled from 12-08-2023 to 15-08-2023. KDISC will provide accommodation during the Freedom Fest, for the teams whose videos are selected. Special certificates will be distributed to these teams in the closing ceremony of the Freedom Fest on 15-08-2023.
- First, second and third prizes will be awarded to the best three ideas submitted under each of the seven SDGs listed above. Awards will be distributed in the closing ceremony of the Freedom Fest on 15-08-2023.
- The best Participating Institute award will be given to the Institute from which the maximum videos are selected by the State level academic committee.
- Institute level selection: on or before 21-07-2023.
- Nodal officer registering the details of selected teams: 28-07-2023.
- Teams uploading the videos: on or before 31-07-2023.